If you’ve ever experienced a flooded home from a busted hose on a washing machine, dishwasher or refrigerator, you know the indescribable feeling of relief when a tradesman shows up at your door.
Without hesitation, skilled tradesmen work in all weather conditions and often in the most undesirable places – like a muddy basement or crawl space – to repair the faulty water line and remove damaged insulation and flooring before mold and mildew set in.
Tradesmen replace your initial panic with confidence that your largest personal investment will retain its value. Yet, why do we not openly recognize these humble and often underappreciated men and women who make it their life’s work to save and restore our homes?
Fortunately, there are individuals and companies who want to celebrate what tradesmen do to help us get back into a repaired home and on with our comfortable lives. One such company is IRWIN Tools, who initiated National Tradesmen Day on the third Friday in September as a way to give tradesmen the public recognition they deserve.
IRWIN suggests a few ways to show contractors, carpenters, roofers, mechanics and thousands of other professional tradesmen appreciation on National Tradesmen Day, Sept. 21, 2012. It falls on the third Friday of September.
1. Usually, we only see our mechanic when something is wrong with our vehicle. Drop by for a quick visit with coffee and a bagel and thank him/her for being there when you need help.
2. If your office or home is undergoing maintenance work, set up a surprise “thank you” party for the tradesmen or construction crew on duty to show how much you appreciate them.
3. Instead of calling your trusted HV/AC business to say your air conditioning isn’t working, call them to say, “Thanks” for their service and help over the years.
4. Drop a handwritten note of appreciation in the mail to your plumber, who is always there when you are in a bind.
America’s tradesmen are the real working hands of our nation, and it’s time to show them how much we appreciate their hard work. For more ideas and information about how to thank a tradesman, visit www.nationaltradesmenday.com.
Latest posts by Cindy Young (see all)
- SEAN HANNITY: Adam Schiff Wasin ‘Rare Form’ During Impeachment Hearings [Video] - November 16, 2019
- Four Ways to Say Thanks to Tradesmen on National Tradesmen Day - November 7, 2019